"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

– Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grandma day!

So this was several days ago...on the 15th of May but I have been so tired lately that I just don't feel like doing anything that I don't absolutely have to. Blogging is one of them that I don't really have to.
But anyways...for Mother's day I wanted to take the girls and do a Mommy 'n Me Royal tea party at the Gardner Village Protea Cottage. It's a very fun and cute activity to do with your little girls I really recommend! But since during the mother's day weekend Chad was gone, I couldn't do it that weekend, (can you all see Hayden in a place like that full of porcelain?! Yeah...don't think so!). Plus we do a Grandma day once a month so I suggested to Brigitte, one of the girls 3 grandmas, that we do a Grandma day out of this activity, so ended up being a Mommy, Grandma and Aunt and me activity! Aunt Natalie was there with us too!
So you get to pick the tea of your choice, plenty to choose from that doesn't have black or green tea in it! The girls got their own tea pot with pink chocolate, Julianne prefered the tea herself, she acts so grown up at times! They also serve English scones; jam & clotted cream; assorted finger sandwiches and specialty desserts with seasonal fruit garnish and the girls got to dress up with the hats and dresses that they have there. Here's a few pictures of that day.

Julianne all dressed up!


Bellamie all dressed up!


Showing off their outfits after the tea party was over.


All of us together.


The girls trying out a different hat before we left.


We did more stuff that day, we first went to feed the ducks at Wheeler Farm, then we did lunch, after that we went to Discovery zone for a little while where Chad met us to take over Hayden, after all the little guy have to have fun too right?! We girls then went to our tea party...fun full day!

Hugs and Tea Parties

Tine

5 comments:

Amy said...

That is so fun! I didn't know that type of event was available there! I will have to take my girls there someday. bytheway I took a huge blogging break when I was prego. Three weeks behind is nothing. :)

Amy said...

I just read your quote on the side bar about loving and using. It goes right along with my RS lesson on Sunday. Might include it, thanks!

Adam and Bri VanSleeuwen said...

That looks like so much fun! You are such a cute, fun mom. Way to go for being creative even when you're not feeling the best and of course being pregnant!

Gary and Debbie Rex said...

Annie and Katie told me about the tea party - sounds like a girls day out for me and the girls!

Jen said...

This is so adorable, I wish we had something like this in New York. Gives me a good reason to come to SL for a visit. The Renaissance Festival is starting here this summer and they are going to be doing a Royal Tea Party...I am going to look into doing that for the girls and myself of course!!

You are such a wonderful Mother...your girls do not know how good you are to them to make them feel so special all the time.
Miss you...MOOOO