"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

– Audrey Hepburn

Friday, December 19, 2008

All I want for Christmas....

...I already have!!!

So this past week after a family home evening that we had in our home where we taught the girls about why we celebrate Christmas. Sure they had an idea already...but I just wanted to emphasized in their little heads how important the event really is. I think that some times little kids can get lost with all the talking of Santa, presents, Christmas trees, lights and so on.
But anyways, as I taught them that they had already received the greatest gift of them all and that was nothing in this world that they could desire more, Heavenly Father had given them his son, their brother, to die for them, to pay a price that they themselves couldn't. The ultimate gift. Made me think about what I really wanted this Christmas since I too had received the same gift that I told my girls they had. And with that gift in mind...I couldn't think of anything at all that I wanted...not one little simple thing that I don't already have. I have been so blessed as it is with a wonderful Mom who raised me in the right way, who taught me the gospel of Jesus Christ and to be a good person, a loving husband who takes care of me and is the best father for my, our, kids. I have 3 beautiful and healthy kids who I would do anything in this world for. Sometimes I look at them and have this over whelming feeling of gratitude, for Heavenly Father trusting me to teach and care for this 3 special little kids. Not to mention the best friend that any one could have...my little sister! But not to diminish my so many other super good friends that I have been blessed with the privilege of having them in my life like Jenny! So for this Christmas I want nothing else then to keep the presents that I already have! My greatest presents! May we all this Christmas season think of the true meaning of Christmas and put Christ as center of our celebrations. May we think of a gift that we can give Him, Christ the Lord who has given us His all. Hope I can always shadow His example with those around me.
So here's me...wishing all of my love ones...a super Merry Christmas!

Hugs and warm wishes

No comments: